Tuesday, December 30, 2014

I have the best family.

Hey you all! I got the packages this week! You all are the best. I loved, loved, loved the cut out family and all of the memories! I didn't know if I was supposed to open that until Christmas, but I decided to play it safe and just put the wrapped things under our newly-dropped-off Christmas tree! We had interviews with President Carlson this week after we got back from splits (I was in Malatsia with Sister Tengurian and Sister Bekmezian stayed in Center with Sister Wiederholt), and Sister Carlson found out that we didn't have a Christmas tree. When we came home that night from appointments we had a little surprise on our table! ..Though Sister Carlson still won't admit it was her.. Anyway, as I read through those memories, and as I've been reading through the advent calander that Cici sent (brilliant idea, Cici!), I've realized just how blessed I've been to grow up in a family that has fun together, that loves each other, and that is working together to live the gospel. I definitely took that for granted, and probably still don't understand just how big of a blessing that is. So, I'm thankful for all of you! 

I'm sorry that I haven't been too good at the large plates deal, I've sort of been running around like crazy and have so many things to think about, that by the time I sit down at email, the past week is all just a blur. I've realized this past week that I need to slow down just a little bit so that I can more fully feel and recognize the spirit and so that I can better realize all that the Lord is doing here in Armenia. So hopefully my writing will also reflect that in the future. You all know me- I want to do all that I can, and offer all that I can to the Lord, but we have been told not to run faster than we have strength, and I need to be better at that, and be better at relying on the Lord instead of trying to take it all on my own. 

That being said, I am so excited for all of you and all the great things that you are doing at home. I wish I could tell you how much I look up to all of you and your wonderful examples of serving the Lord by the way you live your lives. Bennett - I can't believe all that you are doing and taking on, you are an inspiration! I know that the Lord is rewarding and will continue to reward all of your efforst to do good. I'm taking some time today to write some letter letters to each of you so that I can better explain just how proud I am of all of you, but just let it be known that I LOVE my family, and they mean the most in the world to me. 

Small plates:

We have a baptism this week! She has her interview today, and then is getting baptized on Saturday! We had Stake Conference yesterday and it was so amazing to see so many Armenian saints! They really are the pioneers here in Armenia. I have been so amazed at their examples of faith, tenacity, and love for our Savior. Honestly, if I can ever develop even a tiny, tiny portion of the faith that they have.. I don't know what. But they are amazing. 

I love you all, I love Armenia, I love missions, and I love my Savior. I know He lives and loves us, and understands us perfectly.

Love, Sister Kieffer

No comments:

Post a Comment