Tuesday, November 11, 2014

August 18

It hit me yesterday that I've already been here in country for almost a month, which is so crazy and just really not fair. Time just flies by so quickly here. 

First, to answer the quiestion that everyone's asked: No, we didn't have a baptism this week, their family ended up randomly going to Sevan? But it's all good and has been rescheduled for this Saturday. We're really excited for her.

I was trying to think about what to tell you all about this week and decided I want to tell you about some of my favorite people here in Armenia. 

First off, we've been working this really sweet lady who's about 55 or 60, and she had her daughter and husband pass away during the past year. I met her my very first night with Sister Thueson, and the thing that I remember most about that meeting with her is that she prayed to be changed. As we've continued to work with her, we've really seen that change. She has always been the sweetest, kindest lady, but the added joy, happinness and peace that the gospel has given her has made such a difference in her demeanor. For her especially, the knowledge that she will see her family again has helped her have so much more peace in her life. I just feel so lucky to have been able to witness that change in her, and to be able to see the spirit work within her. She's also being baptized this saturday and she is SO excited, and we couldn't be happier for her. 

One of my other favorite people is a 29 year old girl that we're teaching (we're working with her and her mom), and she is just the funniest and I love it. She's actually probably my best Armenian friend Yesterday at church we just had the funnest time while we were waiting for Sunday school to start. The brach president's wife needed someone to help her put some eyedrops in her eyes and so she went to help her. After she helped, she was life "oh, well, that'llbe 1000 dram." It's really just hasbeen amazing to see how quickly that our investigators can become good firends with the members here - and it's also just another testimony of the divinity oif this work and how Christ's love can bond people together.

We have so many great members, but one family that's really dear to my heart lives out in Halbert, a village in our area. They are just the best little member missionaries. They are the ones who told us about the mom and daughter that we're teaching, and right now they're helping build our investigator's new house. And they're just spunky. Honestly Armenians remind me a lot of mom's family in the south, probably just because that's the closest parallel I can draw. But they'll just tell you how it is, and they.. I don't even know how to describe it. But they're just awesome. 

I also love our street friends. There's a lady who we always say hello to on our way to a new convert's house, and a man who sits on the corner down the street with his buddy who are always just happy to see us.

This is really long now but I sure do love being a missionary and being in Armenia. This really is the Lord's work and I'm so privileged to be a part of it. The gospel is so true, and it really does have the power to change people's lives. Christ is our Savior and He really is gathering His people. 

Love,

Sister Kieffer 

No comments:

Post a Comment