Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Ode to Family

Hey there family!

Not much to report on this week as far as the missionary work - not much has changed since last week. We had Sister Fielding and Sister Belvedere from Vanadzor staying with us for a couple days this week - and I split and worked with Sister Fielding, which was fun. It's interesting to see how different people do the work, and I'm just so thankful that we are all so different - and that there are different uses and important uses for all of our different talents and abilities. 

This week I just wanted to write you all about how thankful I am for our family and for some little things that I may have never mentioned before:

I'm thankful that I shared a room with my two little sisters for almost all of high school and that we're such good friends. I remember being in college and hearing about other girls' relationships with their sisters and being so thankful that I have so much fun with my sisters and that we all love each other. I'm thankful for the dance parties we would have up in our room, singing broadway songs and just having fun together.

I'm thankful for parents that always put the gospel and our family first in their lives. I'm thankful for all of the times (and all of the attempts) we have had family night together. I was in the-every-transfer-interview with my mission president this last week after district meeting and he asked me if I had always had a strong testimony. After thinking about it for a minute, I said yes, and then he asked me where I think that came from. I really think that came from being in a home where I knew that my parents loved me and that they loved the gospel - and they encouraged me to act and recieve my own testimony. 

I'm thankful for the awesome examples that my siblings are to their friends and each other. I know sometimes it seems like our efforts to be good and to do the right things aren't making a difference, but I know that they are, even if that difference ends up just being the change that occurs in us as a result of doing what's right. 

I'm thankful we've always done things together and that we have fun together. I know that our memories as a family will be my favorites for the rest of my life. Keep on making them!

Most of all, I'm thankful for my Heavenly Father and the wonderful opportunity that he gave me to be part of our family. I'm thaknful that He sent His Son, Jesus Christ, so that we can prepare ourselves to be eternal families and keep doing this wonderful work for the rest of forever!

I sure do love you all! 

Love,

Sister Kieffer

No comments:

Post a Comment