Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Hey Family Sep 1

So glad you all had a great week this week with the craziness of Swiss Days and everything. I'm so glad to hear that everyone had a good time. I'd love to see pictures! The ones you sent didn't work. I sure do love you all and i'm glad that you've been able to spend some quality time together. Tell the Williams clan hello from me and that I love them! 

Some crazy things coming up:
We found out last week that we're going to have a mini missionary with us starting Sept 14 for a couple dayts. She's from a different city here in Armenia and we're excited to get to serve with her.
We found out TODAY that there are some sisters coming from Ukraine that are serving there (we're not sure if they're coming from the MTC or Ukraine) but are from Utah and will be with us for a few days. It'll be interesting because things have really slowed down this week and a lot of our investigators have dropped us, or at least said they're busy for right now, so it'll be interesting to see what happenes when there's suddenly four of us doing the work.We don't know if we'll be splitting up yet or if we're going to go around chorsov (all four of us).
Two of my best friends from our branch got their mission calls on Saturday and they're going to Ukraine too! IT was so excited to hear them bear their testimonies of this church and how it's changed their family's life (they're sisters). Their faith with being sent to a place that's kind a crazy like Ukraine is right now was really cool to see too.

One quick story from this week:
Last Monday we were out in a village doing an  FHE with one of our investigators and a member family and we got out a little bit later than we had hoped to catch the one bus that went from that village nack to Center. We got to the top of the hill where the little path goes down to the bus stop and we can see the taillights of the bus. It wasn't moving yet, so Sister Thueson just look at each other and start booking it. My shoe fell off and we just kept running and running as this bus is pulling away from us.. In the end, it got away, and few Armenians that were out on the road were just looking at us like we were crazy.. Luckily a little ways down once we walked awhile, we found a tazi that could take us home. It was just a little funny experience,

I just wanted to that you all again for our wonderful family and how blessed I feel to have this gospel. It's really the thing that can bring us the most joy. Also I just wanted to thank Dad for the advice that he always gives me to not stress and to just enjoy the work. I've realized more and more the past couple weeks just how wound up I was after the MTC - and how I was setting expectations for myself that weren't neccasery (sorry spelled wrong). once I got outside myself and really just tried to focus on loving others, the work became a lot more enjoyable. Obviously, we need to work our hardnest, and do all we can, but we don't need to stress that it won't be enough. And I think that goes for all things in life. Sure do love you all and I hope you have the best week!

No comments:

Post a Comment